Interview: Jonathan Inman, Chief Mergers Officer as Go Global Travel
Posted by Vero
Jonathan Inman is Chief Merger Officer at Go Global. One of his main responsibilities is to ensure that all synergies are optimized between the various brands owned by his company. Jonathan considers TravelgateX to be a very strategic partner for Go Global Travel Group. "I think the most outstanding and significant value we find in TravelgateX is the ease with which we can connect new customers and suppliers," comments.
In this interview, he tells us more about strategies for the coming year and what changes the travel industry is experiencing.
- What are some of the biggest challenges for your sector right now?
- I believe one of the biggest challenges we have and still face is the uncertainty of going back to any type of restrictions of travel. This has changed the face of travel as we see booking windows changing and client travel habits changing, so in saying that companies must adapt fast and be flexible to prosper.
- What do you think are some of the biggest opportunities for the travel industry in 2022?
- Certainly, we see some market consolidation which in my opinion has provided us with great opportunities, especially as Go Global focus on the acquisitions.
- What is a crazy or out-of-the-box product or technology that you would personally like to?
- I believe we will see in the future the tourism industry using blockchain technology to provide extra layers of security to our systems, especially as our industry sees more and more fraudulent activities happening.
- What is your favorite thing about working in hospitality/Travel/Tourism?
- I have made some of my best friends in the travel industry. The community is great and close-knit, something I have not found in other industries. Apart from that I also had the opportunity to travel extensively and learn about many other cultures, which has been great for my personal development, it also gave me a deeper understanding of the industry
- What does TravelgateX add value to your business?
- TravelgateX is a very strategic partner for Go Global Travel Group. I think the most prominent and significant value we find with TravelgateX is the ease with which we can connect new clients and suppliers. Apart from the above the team is extremely helpful, friendly, and never says no.
- What suggestions/challenges would you give to the TeamX?
- Personally, speaking I think XTG does very well in their space, but where I see opportunities for them are additions to the current set up for example, back-office solution for client who don’t have their own technology. Possibly additional solutions to increase revenue like booking repricing solutions, more ancillary services e.g. Insurance, activities etc.
- Can you talk more about solutions you think will be most impactful in the next 12 to 18 months as travel begins to recover?
- As Go Global Travel has always been a technology-based hotel provider, we see existing or new companies that need technological solutions to drive their products, and probably in the next 1-2 years some of these companies will have limited resources. We try to provide solutions along with our hotel product that makes their business more cost-effective and better.
- What are the plans for 2023? Looking ahead to the next year, what are you top two or three priorities?
- We will be working towards growing our client base in the Americas, and in parallel we will continue to evaluate strategic acquisitions opportunities we find.
- What advice do you have for young people just entering the travel technology space.
- Try and gain as much experience in different departments at the beginning of your career this will allow you to choose the best possible career path for you.